Our vision is to create new media solutions that strengthen regional food systems' ability to succeed in value oriented approaches to production, distribution, consumption and community.
Our Mandate is to:
- Improve the profitability of Community Shared Agriculture (CSA) farms through the ease and functionality of HarvestHand CSA Software Platform
- Create localized and fairly paid employment opportunities in rural communities
- Make it easy for citizens to locate, join and remain a member of a CSA farm
- Build out best of regional food tooling
- Localism and Interdependence
- Moral Economics
- Community - Regional - Identity
- Healthy Food
- Collaboration over competition
Who We Are
HarvestHand New Media Communities Inc. is registered in Nova Scotia, Canada by Patricia Bishop.
Patricia Bishop Patricia Bishop is an eighth-generation Annapolis Valley farmer from Port Williams, Nova Scotia and the co-founder of Taproot Farms with her husband, Josh Oulton, and their three children. Patricia is passionate about promoting locally grown foods and preserving agricultural lands and she has built awareness around some of the most important issues affecting the future of farming: food security, land use, and the viability of local farms. In 2010, she and Josh were recognized as Atlantic Canada’s Outstanding Young Farmers. TapRoot Farms is a certified organic and transition-to-organic farm in Port Williams, Nova Scotia with one of the largest Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) programs in Canada, with over 500 members.